1. Application of hub motor
We know that electric motors are used in various forms of electric vehicles. There are motors with gears and drive trains and in-wheel motors that mount directly to the wheels. Brushless in-wheel motors are currently the most widely used electric bicycle motors in the world, and their influence is gradually transferred to large electric vehicles such as electric vehicles, electric buses, and electric trucks.
2. Benefits of hub motors
1. Since the hub motor is directly integrated into the vehicle motor, the installation is simple and convenient. This feature of hub motors can help us easily convert any existing bicycle into an e-bike. That's why these motors are best suited for conversion kits.
2. If hub motors are used, the vehicle does not need a differential.
3. These motors are external rotor motors. They have a motor ratio of 1:1. Every time the motor turns, the wheel turns with it.
4. The hub motor adopts a multi-pole design, and the motor provides higher torque. Higher torque is essential for the vehicle's initial launch.
5. Since the hub motor adopts BLDC motor technology, this technology uses electronic commutation instead of mechanical commutation. Therefore, the motor requires less maintenance and is more reliable than comparable motors.
6. The hub motor does not have any form of gear and chain transmission, which improves the operating efficiency of the vehicle compared with similar products. Plus, no transfer components mean no need to use oil that could contaminate the product.
7. Another advantage is that the hub motor has low noise during operation, which brings a pleasant riding experience.