1. Application of hub motor
We know that electric motors are used in various forms of electric vehicles. There are motors with gears and drive trains, as well as hub motors that mount directly to the wheels. The brushless in-wheel motor, the most widely used electric bicycle motor in the world, is now gradually transferring its influence to large electric vehicles such as electric cars, electric buses, and electric trucks. So what are the benefits of hub motors?
2. Benefits of hub motors
1. Since the hub motor is directly integrated in the vehicle motor, installation is simple and easy. This feature of hub motors can help us easily convert any existing bicycle into an e-bike. That's why these motors are best suited for conversion kits.
2. If hub motors are used, the vehicle does not need a differential.
3. These motors are external rotor motors. They have a motor ratio of 1:1. Every time the motor turns, the wheel turns too.
4. The hub motor is designed with more magnetic poles, which means the motor provides higher torque. Higher torque is essential for the vehicle's initial launch.
5. Since the hub motor adopts BLDC motor technology, this technology uses electronic commutation instead of mechanical commutation. As a result, the motor requires less maintenance and is more reliable than comparable motors.
6. The hub motor does not have any type of gear or chain drive, which improves the operating efficiency of the vehicle compared with similar products. Additionally, the absence of transmission parts means that there is no need to use any oils that could contaminate the product.
7. Another advantage is that the hub motor has little noise during operation, which brings a pleasant riding experience.